Payunit Terms of service
This user agreement will be effective for all users as of February 22, 2021.
These Terms of Service are a legal agreement (this “Agreement”) between you (“user,” “you” or “your”) and Payunit, (“we,” “our” or “us”). As used in this Agreement, the “Service” refers to Payunit’s payment processing services, as well as our website, any software, programs, documentation, tools, hardware, internet-based services, components, and any updates (including software maintenance, service information, help content, bug fixes or maintenance releases) thereto provided to you by Payunit, directly or indirectly. Your use of the Service constitutes confirmation of your acceptance and agreement to the terms of this Agreement.
By opening and using a Payunit account, you agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions in this Terms of Service.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any worries or questions.
Overview of Agreement
We may amend this user agreement and any of the policies listed above from time to time. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it on our website unless otherwise noted. If our changes reduce your rights or increase your responsibilities, we will provide you due notification.
If you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using the Payunit services, close your account and terminate your relationship with us without cost or penalty. This user agreement will continue to apply to your previous use of our services.
Payunit is a payment services provider and acts as such by creating, hosting, maintaining and providing our Payunit services to you via the internet. Our services allow you to send payments to anyone with a Payunit account, and, where available, to receive payments.
- The User declares to have legal capacity.
- The Minor User declares having received the agreement of its parents or someone detaining the parental authority.
- The User agrees that Payunit is not a bank.
- Payunit and the User are both totally independent entities.
- Payunit does not have to satisfy a specific result and is limited to its best effort endeavors.
- The User agrees that they are liable for the products and services bought and sold on their marketplace through Payunit
Definition of terms
Various terms in these Terms of Service have a defined meaning as follows:
- Website refers to the platform Payunit.
- Merchant means the immediate User integrating Payunit into their websites and apps.
- User means an individual who uses the Services or accesses the Sites and has established a relationship with Payunit (for example, by opening an Account and agreeing to the Payunit User Agreement) or otherwise uses the Services as a buyer, seller or other type of participant to a transaction, including a Checkout without an Payunit Account.
- Account means a Payunit Merchant account.
- Checkout without a Payunit Account means a person’s use of the Services without logging into and/or establishing an Account.
- Device Information means data that can be automatically collected from any device used to access the Sites or Services. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your device type; your device’s network connections; your device’s name; your device’s IP address; information about your device’s web browser and the internet connection being used to access the Site or Services; Geolocation Information; information about apps downloaded to your device; and biometric data (e.g., Touch ID/Fingerprint to verify your identity).
- Geolocation Information means information that identifies with reasonable specification on your location by using, for instance, longitude and latitude coordinates obtained through GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell site triangulation. Some of our Services may ask you for permission to share your current location. Some of the Sites and Services require this information to provide a specific product or online Service. If you do not agree to our collection of the geolocation information, our Sites or Services may not function properly when you try to use them.
- Personal Data means personal information that can be associated with an identified or identifiable person. “Personal Data” can include name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, email address, payment card number, other financial account information, account number, date of birth, and government-issued credentials (e.g., driver’s license number, national ID, passport, Social Security number and Taxpayer ID). Personal Data does not include information that does not identify a specific User.
- Process means any method or way that we handle Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, and consultation, disclosure by transmission, disseminating or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data.
- Services means any products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions, and all related websites, applications and services offered to you by Payunit in connection with an Account or Checkout without a Payunit Account.
- Technical Usage Data means information we collect from your phone, computer or other device that you use to access the Sites or Services. Technical Usage Data tells us how you use the Sites and Services, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites and the way you use our Services, including your IP address, statistics regarding how pages are loaded or viewed, the websites you visited before coming to the Sites and other usage and browsing information collected through Cookies.
- Additional Information: The information provided in this section may be specific to customers depending on your country or is provided to Payunit from third parties whom you may interact with when using the Services. You can contact us if you have any questions about the details in this section.
Payunit is the most simplified online payment aggregator with a mission to design a payment experience that works for the typical African merchant and consumer. We believe you can pay with a difference.
- Payunit is the bridge where financial data is transferred from electronic payment clients to the marketplace;
- The possibility for each User to create its own account.
Payunit is reachable for free from anywhere as long as you have internet access. All fees required to access the Website will be at the User’s expense (computer, software, Internet access…)
Considering the worldwide aspect of the Internet, the User agrees to comply with all the compulsory rules that apply to the Internet network in the country where the service is used.
Payunit will do its best effort to make the service accessible 24/7 but does not have to satisfy any results requirement.
Warranties and liability of Payunit
Payunit uses its best effort to offer the User updated and true information, but Payunit cannot be considered either as liable for the mistakes, inaccuracies, omission or unavailable information of the website, or consequential direct or indirect damages.
Contents and services appearing on Payunit might be general information only.
The User is the only one liable for the interpretation and the use of the given literature. The literature published by Payunit cannot replace an opinion, diagnostic or expert user advice, especially for finance, telecom and security.
Payunit cannot be liable in any way for anything arising from the relationship between the User and the supplier. Claims related to the services will have to be sent directly to the concerned entity or person.
Payunit will take all reasonable efforts to offer to the User a secure website without virus. It belongs to the User to protect its equipment or its computer network using an anti-virus frequently updated. Payunit will not be liable nor for any attack and virus in the User’s computer hardware neither of consequently direct or indirect damages.
The User could use Payunit only after being registered by creating an account and after being identified with its email and password.
Information asked by Payunit is compulsory for the account creation of the User. The email could be used by Payunit for the management of the service.
The User can modify all information given during the registration using its account setting elements. He takes the full liability of his/her action, password and login details.
By opening an account on Payunit , the User agrees on these terms of service. By the subscription to Payunit service, the User agrees to receive information by mail. He could unsubscribe to receive the information by sending a mail to [email protected]
Payunit provides Payment services that may only be provided by an authorised payment services provider or electronic money institution.
When the User registers for a Payunit Account, Payunit may ask for personal data or financial information. Throughout the term of this Agreement, we may share information about Payunit Account with Financial Services Providers in order to verify the eligibility of the User to use the Payment Services, establish any necessary accounts or credit with Financial Services Providers, monitor Charges and other activity, and conduct risk management and compliance reviews.
Payunit is not a bank and do not accept deposits, provide loans or extend credit.
To enable Payunit to process Transactions for the User, the User authorizes and appoint Financial Services Providers to receive and pay any funds owed to the User through the Payment Services.
Both User and Payunit are independent.
The User shall obtain the consent to submit credit or debit instruction to capture funds from an account that a Customer maintains with a bank or other financial institution in connection with a Transaction (the “Instruction”) through the Payment Services on their behalf.
The User shall provide confirmation or receipts to Customers for each Instruction.
The User shall verify Customers’ identities and eligibility.
Even an authorized Transaction is subject to a Dispute, Payunit will not be liable for the authorised and completed Instruction by the User that is in Dispute or submitted without authorisation or in error, or violate any Laws.
The User might have the possibility to challenge a Dispute by submitting evidence through the API or the Dashboard.
Financial Services Providers may deny the User challenge for any reason they deem appropriate. Where a challenge is entirely or partially successful, a Financial Services Provider may credit funds associated with the Instruction that is the subject of the Dispute (or a portion thereof) to the Account.
The User is liable for all losses you incur when lost or stolen payment credentials or accounts are used to purchase products or services. Payunit does not and will not insure against losses caused by fraud under any circumstances.
Payunit is not liable for financial losses or any other consequences of such fraud.
To subscribe, the User shall :
- Provide their email address, civilities and its postal address;
- Provide their username;
- Provide a password and keep it confidential;
- Mention if they want to receive promotional offers and updates from Payunit by email or not;
- Provide a field or industry of operation from a suggested list;
- Mention their professional website.
The User is invited to read and agree with Payunit’s Data privacy terms.
The User is the only one liable for the information, messages and the full content that he publishes on Payunit as the FAQ, comment, inbox message and estimation.
The User must use the Services in a lawful manner and must obey all laws, rules, and regulations (“Laws”) applicable to your use Payunit and transactions. As applicable, this may include compliance with domestic and international Laws related to the use or provision of financial services, notification and consumer protection, unfair competition, privacy, and false advertising, and any other Laws relevant to Transactions.
The User agrees to not do anything that could harm the reputation or the image of Payunit its activities or of its representatives.
Some categories of businesses are prohibited from using Payunit. The following list of prohibited businesses is not exhaustive. If you are uncertain or have questions, please contact us:
- Sales, distribution, or access to counterfeit music, movies, software, or other licensed materials without the appropriate authorization from the rights holder; any product or service that directly infringes or facilitates infringement upon the trademark, patent, copyright, trade secrets, or proprietary or privacy rights of any third party;
- Unauthorized sale or resale of brand name or designer products or services; sale of goods or services that are illegally imported or exported;
- Use of Payunit intellectual property without express consent from Payunit;
- Use of the Payunit name or logo including use of Payunit trade or service marks inconsistent, or in a manner that otherwise harms Payunit or the Payunit brand; any action that implies an untrue endorsement by or affiliation with Payunit.
The User may submit comments or ideas about improvements to Payunit (“Ideas”). The User agrees that Payunit is free to use the Ideas without any attribution or compensation to the User.
The User agrees and licenses Payunit to use the User name, logo and trademarks on a nonexclusive and nontransferable basis. Consequently, the User agrees to be publicly identified as a Payunit user.
If the User does not want to be identified as a user of Payunit please contact us.
Payunit will stop referring to the User logo and trademarks upon termination of account.
You agree to pay the applicable fees listed on our pricing page or the fees as described in your Dashboard for use of the Payment Services. All merchant fees are charged at the time we process a transaction and are deducted first from the transferred or collected funds and thereafter from the Balance. You also grant us Recovery Authorizations, which we may utilize to recover fees you owe us. Subject to the General Terms and these Payment Terms, we reserve the right to change the Fees upon reasonable advance notice. All Balances and all Fees, charges, and payments collected or paid through Payunit are denominated in Franc CFA.
NB: Issue fees raised on PayPal by a merchant’s client is enqured by the merchant and not PayUnit. That is, if a merchant using PayPal causes an issue to be raised on PayPal by his/her client, an amount in XAF requivalent to $15 is been deducted from the merchant’s account balance. This is as a result of the $15 deducted by paypal on PayUnit’s account.
We will attempt to fix processing errors we discover or errors that merchants bring to our attention. If an error results in your receipt of fewer funds than you are entitled to, we will credit your Payunit account for the difference after due diligence is completed for the said transaction. You grant us Recovery Authorizations concerning processing errors. If an error results in your receipt of more funds than you are entitled to, Payunit may recover the extra funds from you. We will only correct transactions that you process incorrectly if you notify us of such an error. Your failure to notify us of a processing error within thirty (30) days of when it first appears on your electronic transaction history will be deemed a waiver of any right to amounts owed to you.
Payunit will process payouts to your approved Mobile money account or to your verified bank account within 5 to 7 business days. Smaller amounts (<5000 XAF or equivalent) can be sent even by end of the business day before 5 p.m. Any delayed Payouts can be explained by one of the following :
- Payout amount is less than the minimum of 1000 XAF or equivalent.
- Payout amount is involved in a transaction that was found illegal or fraudulent and was reported. We have a physical team look into this with all parties involved
- Payouts on which claims have been filed by the paying customers for some Payment Methods will often take longer to settle.
- Payout volumes that are high might be impacted by a reduced frequency and therefore it might take a while before we settle the next merchant.
- We could not do a payout to the mobile money account or bank account specified for the Payout transaction. The account was either not found or was invalid.
Modification and termination of the account
This Agreement is effective upon the date the User first accesses or uses Payunit and continues until terminated by the User or Payunit. To terminate this Agreement, the User can close their Payunit Account at any time by selecting “close my account” in the setting. The User will cease to use Payunit.
If the User uses Payunit again or registers for another Account, the User will consent to this Agreement.
Payunit may terminate this Agreement or close the User’s Account at any time for any reason by providing a Notice to the User.
Payunit may suspend the User Account and its ability to access funds in the Account, or terminate this Agreement, if
- Payunit determines in its sole discretion that the User is ineligible for Payunit Because of significant fraud or credit risk, or any other risks associated with the Account;
- The User uses the Services in a prohibited manner or otherwise, do not comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement; or
- Any Law or Financial requires Payunit to do so.
Termination does not immediately relieve the User of obligations incurred by you under this Agreement. Upon termination, the User agrees to
- Complete all pending Transactions,
- Stop accepting new Transactions through Payunit, and
- Immediately remove all Payunit or payment network logos from its website (unless permitted under a separate license with the payment network).
The User continued or renewed use of Payunit after all pending Transactions have been processed serves to renew your consent to the terms of this Agreement.
In addition, upon termination, the User understands and agrees that Payunit will not be liable to the User for compensation, reimbursement, or damages related to the use of the Payunit, or any termination or suspension of Payunit or deletion of the User’s information or account data; and the User is still liable for any fees or fines, or other financial obligation incurred by the User or through the use of Payunit prior to termination.
In case of a serious breach, Payunit may close at any time the account without damages whatsoever.
No party will be liable for delays in processing or other nonperformance caused by such events as fires, telecommunications or internet failures, utility failures, power failures, equipment failures, employment strife, riots, war, terrorist attack, acts of God, or other causes over which the respective party has no reasonable control.
Unless a legal decision requires for it, any damages whatsoever will be paid to the User.
Burden of proof: Parties agree that they could send all necessary information by email. Any electronic communication will be considered as proof of a written one.
Applicable law and litigation
These Terms of Service are governed by Cameroon Finance Law No.2019/023 of 24 December 2019.